View Profile Frankiedaman

214 Movie Reviews

i am absolutely extatic

i must say this movie was fabulous. the graphics were top-banana, the storyline was gripping and hot-to-trot. and the content? well who wouldn't love a shit-covered woman in the bathtub.

sheer excellence.

OHHHHH my daysssss.....

Now i'm not a full on hiphop fan but...

"Temperature's risin'" by Mobb Deep = WICKED tune.

big up GC. ;]

jesus

i fucking love this song <3

you wouldn't think it, me being a D&B head and all, but Air freakin' rock. this song just sends a chill down my spine every time i hear it.

oh and the movie was ok down with the kk etc :]

kitty-and-meander responds:

Thanks for the good reveiw man! I love Air too. Lost my virginity to Playground Love. Thats their best song, EVER.

15 Game Reviews

Dayumn!!!!!

Bill Cosby's one outrageous dude! He's totally in my face!

LOL this is awesome work man, hilarious concept.

You betta do part 2 so fast yo azz bursts on fire....cuz ah cayun't wait!!

Poor =(

"|-|0\\/\\/ (_)53|_355 15 7|-|15 700|_? \\/\\/|-|Y 15 17 0|\| |=|20|\|7|O493. \\/\\/|-|0 \\/\\/0(_)|_|) |\|33|) 4 |_337 7|24|\|5|_470|2 4|\|Y\\/\\/4Y.

1 |23(|<0|\| 7|-|15 J(_)57 907 |=|270|\|7|O493 |33(4(_)53 17 |-|45 |\|3\\/\\/9|20(_)|\||)5 |3|24|\||)3|) 4|_|_ 0\/3|2 17!"

...and now the translation:

"How useless is this tool? Why is it on frontpage. Who would need a leet translator anyway.

I reckon this just got frtontpage because it has Newgrounds branded all over it!"

I stand by my opinion on this. Talented artists make detailed works of flash and get nothing. You toss up this overly-blatant-advertised 1337 Translator in 10mins and get a frontpage. Not impressed.

Something Anti-emo on Frontpage?!?!?

Talk about unexpected eh?! :D

What can I say, TOP marks for originality in this game. A very hilarious concept. But it's a real shame that there's no sound, because that would've made top marks from me.

All it needs, as i said - is a bit of sound. It could be the wailings of Within Temptation or Good old Linkin Park as background music, the slice of a blade when you pass through a knife or blade in the game, win or lose music at the end, there are countless options.

Still though very good work. I tip my hat to you sir.

14 Audio Reviews

Astronomically Good

....Ever listened to a song and found that it is so good that it sends a chill down your spine? Not many songs do that for me, but "Hymn of The Fallen" did.

This is absolutely amazing, fair play. The melodies and harmonies in this are absolutely spot on, really create and set a mood and atmosphere. Fantastic selection of orchestral instruments, everything seemed to fit together perfectly without it sounding too cluttered. I couldn't really find any faults with this at all, it's just...beautiful.

Nice one :]

SuperTonic64 responds:

:O

Thank you so much! ^_^ This song has a lot of personal meaning to me, and I'm glad you like it. :)

Anywho, I admire your work and I really appreciate your praise! :O I play "Starlight Zone" often when I just relax and listen to music--great song, and a great artist. ;)

Anywho, thanks for the review! ^_^
~Smartpoetic :)

lmao

w...w...what is this????

you sure don't sound like a 20 year old btw ;)

A nice start, but could do with some adjustment

This is quite a nice tune, i surely would not call it techno - I believe a better subgenre for this would be "Deep House" ;)

When you said "relaxing pad" - you weren't lying, the pad is really really beautiful and dreamy, but the synth "craving for attention" absolutely drowns it out. The synth does actually go leaving the pad and bass at their own devices, but its just the same pad and bass riff looped a fair few times. Now i know techno music is quite reliant on repetition, but perhaps you could've added a little something to freshen it up. The synth does return back at the end, and the same problem still remains - drowning out the pads. The bass actually fills in quite nicely, and i noticed you aren't afraid to use full range of the notes in a bassline which is good! Another slight gripe was the drum pattens, which were awfully basic, kicks every bar and claps every 2 bars and so on. If you don't want to change this arrangement, add some extra hi-hats, percussion instruments or even a loop ontop to give it some flair.

Also if your having trouble with instruments drowning out other instruments, as well as playing with the volume of each instrument, try using Compression and Mastering - it works wonders.

Best of luck, and check out my stuff if you fancy some more trance & techno music.

~FDM.

DJRaveR responds:

Wow, thanks for the review. Ok, lets start form the top shall we :P.

All I do is make this music with what I know in FL so I don't really know the genres and all, but thats for the head up.

Well, anyway, I rush through my audiosreally fast, even I don't know what happens sometimes, but drowning out the rest of the instraments was not my intention.

Ok, repitition happens for a few reasons, one is because I only spend a few hours on a audio, and also I am not that exprienced with FL. FYI the clap is not the basic, it actually has a little spacing :P.

And yes, the bass does fill in nicely, just like its supposed to.

I also use compression, I'll have to look into mastering.

Thanks for all the tips (its been hard replying :P) I'll check your stuff as well and thanks for this massive review.

n/a, Male